As I mentioned a couple weeks ago in our column, we started the process of making a podcast called Chasing MacNaughton. We’ve been working on this for almost a month now, but we’ve finally got most of the kinks worked out including distribution to all the major podcast outlets, and we’re ready to publish our first episode of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast; “Pietila, Pietila, Pietila.” This week I’m joined by Dustin Lindstrom and Rob Gilreath as we discuss (times are approximate):
- Coach Shawhan’s handling of the goaltending rotation (2:15)
- What to make of Ray Brice’s captaincy and playing time (9:13)
- What exactly deserves a major penalty (15:55)
- How important the first goal has been for MTU (24:40)
- The Huskies’ upcoming series with rivals NMU (30:05)
- Alabama-Huntsville filing papers to leave the WCHA (35:10)
- WCHA predictions for this coming weekend (39:20)
As liner notes to this weeks episode, the highlights from last weekend’s series can be found in Trenton Bliss’ WCHA honors story. For those of you younger fans, Kowalski is a reference to Craig Kowalski, an NMU goaltender from 2000-2004 and the Wildcats captain during the 2003-2004 season (the birth of Mitch’s Misfits). The discussion of the major penalties is all based on the below video, a mash up between Buckley’s hit vs Minnesota State and Henrikson’s hit at LSSU (I’ve also attached the twitter poll):
Corrections: After having time to look it up post-recording, we know MTU does travel to Bemidji in January.
Look for future episodes every Thursday throughout the season and at least twice a month in the off-season. To subscription/listen, click on one of the links on our Podcast Page or search for “Chasing MacNaughton” wherever you get your podcasts.